Header and Nav Bar




Back to the Home Page
All About Moi
Our Story
Our Furry Family
Disclaimer: Not Really
Image Map

Monday, March 10, 2014

Rants and Raves: Beauty, Shopping, and True Detective

What a gorgeous weekend, amiright?!

I got my hair cut after pondering it for a while. I decided I like it and I like Bubbles in Annapolis for my MD readers.
Geez, who peed in my lemonade?! Will smile more.

I also did some shopping at the Mall, which resulting in a Wetzel's pretzel. I haven't had one before and haven't had an Auntie Anne's pretzel since high school, but I love pretzels (esp. the NYC street ones, mmmm). These were like $3.50 and not that good.  Cna't mess with a pregnant woman's cravings like that Weztel's. Fail.


Sidebar: I thought I was going to be all "organic" and "healthy" during my pregnancy. Yes, not so much. 


I swung by Sephora because I have really been wanting to try the Naked 3 pallete. I am still undecided on whether it's worth the money. Some of the colors look more bronze on me than I thought they'd be. I think I have pale skin with cool undertones, so I wonder if I should stick to "cool" eyeshadows. My bad, should have Googled before the purchase.

  via 


I also stopped by Old Navy to look at some pants. The kind with the elastic waistband.  They were doing reconstruction. In the fitting room, I realized I could smell paint (after 30 min. in the store and not realizing what the stink was). I left asap and complained. I then wrote their customer serivce and they called me today. They are going to call me again after my next dr. appt. So fail for Old Navy for paining in a store where they sell maternity clothes, but then at least they responded to my concern.

Thank God for the True Detective season finale. Spoiler Alert: it was a good ending and it made me happy and I love Woody and Matthew (I'm on a first name basis with them now). I predict Matthew McConaughey will take home an Emmy to go with that shiny Oscar of his. 
 
 



5 comments:

  1. ok, i'm trying really hard to get into TD. i'm on episode #3 and it's so slow and i'm so close to giving up. should i stick with it?

    -kathy | Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the ending of True Detective. Such great television.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new haircut! We have Wetzel's Pretzels in our mall, and we used to have Auntie Ann's too, but I don't know what happened to them. I've never tried either of them though. I really, really want that Naked 3 palette, those are the perfect colors for me but it is so dang expensive. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your hair!! And your eyebrows. AND THAT PRETZEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your "who peed in my lemonade" comment cracked me up! Your hair looks so pretty! I love it! Sephora will take back the naked 3 pallet if you're not loving it! Their return policy is amaze-balls. If it's not worth the 50 bucks, totes return it! They won't judge you! I've been craving an auntie annes pretzel for SO long--but 1) there's no mall close by and 2) I kind of remember the last one I had tasted too much like burnt oil. Le'sigh

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments kind readers- prost!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...