I thought I was crunchy, but we determined that I'm granola. Here are some things I do you may not know about me which is how I came to be granola.
- I love animals (who doesn't). I look for all natural products that are not tested on animals (just say no to L'Oreal). I won't wear fur and it makes me cringe when I see someone wearing it (It's gross if you think about how they kill them and there are so many nice faux furs out there). I think I do have a few pairs of shoes though that have leather though.
- Because of the previous bullet, I am pretty much a vegetarian. When we do eat/ buy meat, I try to look for organic, grass-fed, free-range meats (only fish, chicken, and sometimes pork). I hate the idea of those farms cramming all those poor animals in pens, treated bad, etc. etc. My husband loves a good steak though when we go out-I don't begrudge him thatust because it's not for me.
- I am concerned about the environment and try to do my part. Even when I was a little tyke watching Captain Planet, I created a recycle bag (yup, a paper bag) for my family to recycle. When we lived in Michigan and didn't have a single stream pick up recycling program like we do now, we sorted our recycling and took it to the recycling center (aka the dump). In our house now, just in case you're confused- we have 2 trash cans and one is clearly labeled for recyling. I am OCD and love my labelmaker too much.
- I love Dave Mathews Band and listen to "Dave Mathews Band" on Pandora all.day.long at work. (I don't think this is as bad as say Phish though).
- I only wear natural deodorant. I recently switched to Tom's. I was seriously considering making my own (but lazied out). I hate patchouli though, don't worry.
- Not to get too politically involved here, but I am against any kind of discrimination. I have friends of all walks of life and I only wish for them happiness and the same opportunities that I have.
Enjoy the weekend!